Saturday 14 January 2012

Emi♥ + Kpop = Heaven!


So, as you all may have heard, Emi♥'s name came about from us travelling in Asia. We have always been a huge fan of Asia, I swear in my previous life I was actually Asian. I think I was a little Japanese woman but that’s another story!

Not many of us here in the UK will have heard of 4Minuite but they are one of my favorite Kpop bands. 4Minute (Korean: 포미닛) are a popular five girl group band straight out of South Korea. They were created by Cube Entertainment in 2009. The band consists of:

Nam Ji-hyan
Heo Ga-yoon
Jeon Ji-yoon
Kim Hyun-a
Kwon So-hyan

Their official fan name is 4Nia which is a combination of 4Minute & mania. Their newest single "Heart to Heart" is out now! I love the girls website as you can download for FREE band artwork and wallpapers for your Mac.

This is me, Xander Kostroma

I have always looked to Asia for inspiration for my own fashion sense which I know lends its self so heavily towards my brand. I love how the girls mix different types of fabric and layer up so effectively which is typical of Korean fashion. Its the quirkiness and the ability to be free to express yourself through fashion which is what I feel the west lacks.

Here in England, there is still to this day a sense of stereotyping where everyone must fit into a specific conformity, into a type of box, which has to be said I feel is totally wrong.

Emi♥ is about losing this negativity and dressing how you feel for a particular day or just how your mood takes you!





I have always believed in equal rights for men and women, some may even go as far as call me a feminist, but I do believe in strong & confident women. I mean we are not back in the 1800's in the years of oppression. Rosa Parks didn't stand up for her rights for nothing on that landmark day back on the 1st December 1955!

4Minute for me, is about being who you are, dressing how you want and enjoying yourself. It is this philosophy which I strongly believe in and I believe translates into my collections I produce for Emi♥.

Have a great day!

Love Xander. x

PS - Check out one of my favourite songs by 4Minute HERE.



Images courtesy of:
http://www.fanpop.com
http://www.ygsis.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment