Thursday 12 April 2012

Adele rocks the front cover of UK Vogue




We are so proud of Adele for turning her back on the media and not super-dieting down to a size nothing! The industry is full of narrow-minded *fashionistas* who seem to promote this size zero frame, to me, its actually really off-putting as man, and personally I think creates this distorted view of what beauty really should be.

Now, I am not saying that I am pro-obesity either, what I am saying is that I am pro HEALTHY LIVING. If you your BMI is classed as healthy according to your height/weight by your doctor then great. I think all shapes of women are beautiful, regardless of their form. Hourglass, rectangle, square - the woman's figure is something of beauty and should be embraced not rejected, starved of food and squeezed into child's sized jeans!

Adele, who's at the top of her game, and I think can only go on to become a super-star, graced last months cover of Vogue - and she is NOT a size zero, but represents the average UK size for a woman. You cannot understand how happy I am that high profile magazines are finally starting to come away from this idea that zero is beautiful and are now embracing true size girls.

This in turn filters down to the younger generation of girls and shows them, that they are beautiful. Karl Lagerfeld said last month "The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and divine voice" I was so proud of her come back, which actually made him eat his words! saying, "Ive never wanted to look like the models on the cover of magazines" she told People Magazine, "I represent the majority of women and i'm very proud of that".

And that she should. Days after winning a handful of awards, she sports the front cover of Vogue...and Adele along with the rest of the nation can stick their two fingers up to Karl!

GO ON GIRL!


Images courtesy of:
www.usmagazine.com

Quotes courtesy of:
www.huffingtonpost.com






No comments:

Post a Comment